Re: Kernel 2.6 and SMP

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 02:51:48PM +0000, gl@decadence.it wrote:
> you could compile latest kernel (2.6.12.5) on your machine, just to be
> sure.

I've compiled a initrd-less 2.6.12.5 (which of course could not deal
with software RAID as the auto-detection needs special partition types
which disklabel doesn't support... silly me...) but IIRC it did lock
up the keyboard as well.

BTW lockup and SRM: the machine has a "halt" button which of course
helps to get into SRM but whatever I do then (like "boot -fl i") it
complains about "halt button pressed" and that it can't do anything. I
guess that there's some pretty simple magic to convince him besides
pressing reset (which takes quite a while). Does anyone know the
trick?

Cheers
    Thimo