Re: Requalification of Alpha for etch

On 9 Oct 2005, at 5:27 pm, Thimo Neubauer wrote:

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 11:04:40PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

Here are the things that are taken into consideration when the DSA folks
evaluate a new buildd offer:

- local admin is a DD (or other known quantity) who knows the architecture
  *and* is available when maintenance is needed
- the type of machine -- proc speed, bus speed, disk capacity, memory, and whether the hardware is of a class that can actually handle sustained
  uptimes as expected

A bit more detail about that: one CPU of a DS20E with lots of RAM is
enough to keep up with building. I guess another machine of about this
strength would be perfect.

If we provide a DS20, it will be dual CPU, and will probably have 4 GB of RAM or more.

Tim