Re: AS4100 + DAC960

Thus spake Andrew Lee:
> Hi All,
>
> I have an AS4100 with a DAC960 firmware v2.73.
>
> I have installed debian to a single disk and all is fine. The DAC960 has
> been configured from alphabios.
>
> On bootup from the single drive the DAC960 is detected and has all the
> attached drives detected with no partitions defined.
>
> Here is where I need help to partition the drive. fdisk says /dev/rd/c0d0
> "unable to open .." the boot process defines the array as /dev/rd/c0d0.

You'll likely need to go over to the second virual console, and manually
create the devices needed  (/dev/rd/c0d0, /dev/rd/c0d0p0 ...
/dev/rd/c0d0pN, etc)

--
Nathan Poznick <poznick@conwaycorp.net>

If man has good corn, or wood, or boards, or pigs to sell, or can make
better chairs or knives, crucibles, or church organs, than anybody
else, you will find a broad, hard-beaten road to his house, tho it be
in the woods. - Ralph Waldo Emerson