Re: java vm not working, appletviewer does...

On 2003.04.06 20:33, Andreas Czerniak wrote:
Hi ,

this is not a problem of debian / our alpha.

This is a problem that java can't found the class-file.
Run the HelloWorld java program as

gl:~/java/Hello$ java -classpath . HelloWorld

Thanks Andreas, I had already tryied, but no way it works...

gl:~/java/Hello$ java -classpath . HelloWorld
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: main

gl:~/java/Hello$ java -classpath . HelloWorld.class Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: HelloWorld/class

Yes, I'm not a java-guru... but I cannot find out the cause to this problem!

Bye
gl :)