Re: DivX

DivX, if you are looking for divx players for x86, almost 100% of them will
use Win32 dlls to do the decoding, so finding one for Alpha is difficult.
Luckily, ffmpeg exists, and it can be put together with mplayer to provide
codecs for almost all divx out there.  Thats what i use, i can play 9 out of
10 divx that i can find, which i find to be satisfactory.  If you look at the
archives of this list, there was talk of this before (i remember cause im the
one who initiated it), and there was a link to a tarball which the sources to
mplayer and ffmpeg together, tahts what i used, and still use.  If you cant
find it, send me an email, and i'll try to find it on my harddrive somewhere.

Richard Fillion
rick@rhix.ods.org

peter.watkinson1@ntlworld.com wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>Is there a Div X player for Alpha Linux. I don't know to much about DivX is
it sort of like avi for Windows or Real player? Is it not owned by anyone in
particular a bit like mp3?