java possible? and burner woes.

Is it possible to get a javavm for DebianAlpha?  Waba isnt in the
package list, and i couldnt find anything useful with apt-cache search
java.

Now for a real problem...i got my Ultra100 IDE controller going fine,
running a 60gig on it (switched my swap onto it, a nice speed increase),
and i also put an LG 8x burner.  I compiled ide-scsi support, and now
the burner is recognized as a scsi cdrw.  The cdrom portion of the drive
works perfectly.  But as soon as i go to burn a disk, it hardlocks the
box for a few minutes, then spits me back out to SRM.

At boot it complains once about the lack of the sg module.  I cant
really have sg as a module if i boot of a scsi disk can i?  Why is it
that i cant burn a single disk on this box without it crashing? (i can
burn using my 4x scsi burner but it crashes right after fixating the
disk).  The crashes are weird, its like if it denies access to the scsi
devices, cause i can move the mouse and stuff, but as soon as i cause it
to look on the disk it halts.

Thanks

Richard Fillion
rick@rhix.ods.org