Re: Samba

Nikita Schmidt wrote:

On Thursday,  1 Aug, Peter Watkinson wrote:
smbmount //xeon550_2000/c1 /mnt/c1 username=Administrator

I think -o is missing here (before username).

Nikita

Hi,

I got smbmount to work but i had to recompile a new kernel 2.4-18 including support for NFS smb file systems. Never did get it to work with 2.2 however I was only really interested in copying my mp3s across. Gone back to 2.2 kernel now. I remember trying samba on my rh7.1 system and not being able to connect to win2000 on that either can't remember which kernel - the stock one I think. Managed to get smbmount to work with NT4 though.

Thanks anyway.

Kind regards,

Peter Watkinson
peter.watkinson1@ntlworld.com