How to start on alpha

Hi Guys,

Good Day, an Digital Alpha 4100 ( Dual Processor) and Alpha 1000 4/200 was
recently turn over to us but the OS is give out some error for the 4100
(running on Tru-64 Unix) and the 1000 4 /200 is running on WinNT 4.0. We
will be replacing all OS to Debian due to the high cost in upgrading the OS
and this is the start of my problem, no manual turn over to us. I have been
trying to install the debian in the alpha 1000 but I can't get the system
boot from the CD.  Somebody said that I need to change some switch setting
on the board, I would like to ask what I need to do to make the alpha 1000
boot from the CD so I can replace the OS.

Also, Do I still have to change some setting on the alpha 4100 running on
Tru-64 Unix in order for me to be able to install the Debian Linux? I am
planning to install the woody debian.

Thank you.

Vincent