UP1100 & Matrox

Another question on the UP1100 which I am trying to get running: There
is a Matrox G400 in it, which runs fine with both SRM and the linux
framebuffer console, but won't work with the XFree86 SVGA server. It
always prints a message

    xf86EnableIOPorts: Failed to set IOPL for I/O      ,

regardless of whether the framebuffer driver is in the kernel or not.

Can anyone tell me what this message means, and how I can get the card
to work?

Also, has anyone else installed potato on a UP1100 out there? (I have
some more minor problems...).

   Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: 1. andras@users.sourceforge.net