Re: cdrecord: Invalid argument. shmget failed

David Huggins-Daines <dhd@linuxcare.com> writes:

> "Christopher W. Curtis" <ccurtis@aet-usa.com> writes:
>
> > Linux kernel supports on the Alpha.  You can edit the kernel source and
> > recompile

Has nobody fixed that stupid bug in the kernel? I think I'm going to file a
bug against the kernel packages. The 4 MB limit should have been fixed in
the last milenium. :)

> Don't do that, use the /proc interface (on 2.2 at least):
>
> echo 8388608 >> /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
>
> (or any other number you like - note that if you specify fs=8M to
> cdrecord, it will actually use a bit more than 8M of shared memory, so
> you always have to specify more shmmax than the size of FIFO you want
> to use in cdrecord)
>
> On potato, you can put:
>
> kernel/shmmax = 8388608
>
> in /etc/sysctl.conf, and this will be automatically set at bootup.

Nice features. I will use that for sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward. :)

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin