Headless install on LX164

Any hope?  With the slink boot floppies, I load the ramdisk from
root.bin floppy and then get confirmation that it mounted root, and
recommendation that e2fsck be run, then nothing.  I don't suppose
there's a way to get dbootstrap to use a serial console...

By the way, what's up with the installation docs?  Chapter 6 seems to
know nothing about AlphaBIOS!  No MILO boot parameters, just "put in the
(floppy/cd) and it will work," which is bogus.  I had to check my
vendor's floppy install option for RedHat rescue in order to boot the
Debian rescue disk.

There really should be something in there explaining how to configure
the AlphaBIOS or pass the options via MILO.  And the options should
really be in there too!  I used:

boot fd0:linux root=/dev/fd0 load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=1

Zeen,

      Adam Powell                     http://lyre.mit.edu/~powell/
      Thomas B. King Assistant Professor of Materials Engineering
      77 Massachusetts Ave. Rm. 4-117         Phone (617) 452-2086
      Cambridge, MA 02139 USA                   Fax (617) 253-5418