Re: upgrading multia udb to potato

On Wed, Aug 04, 1999 at 10:26:06PM -0500, cbbrowne@godel.brownes.org wrote:

> The last time I tried upgrading to unstable, particularly to get a newer X
> server, everything *except* X seemed to work out.  X turned out to be
> *extremely* unhappy, which, for me, was good reason to reinstall stable, as X
> is is the primary use of the box.

I just did an upgrade to potato on a PC64 today, and somewhere in the
upgrade everything started to fall apart - syslog died, utmp got
confused, tab completion in bash logged me out and probably some other
stuff.  Rebooting seemed to fix whatever it was (I suspect something to
with glibc, but I've made no attempt to diagnose the problem properly).

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/