	From debian-alpha-request@lists.debian.org Mon Feb 22 15:46:46 1999
	From: Loic Prylli <Loic.Prylli@ens-lyon.fr>
	Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 19:45:11 +0100 (MET)
	To: "S.Miyazima" <miyazima@isc.chubu.ac.jp>
	Cc: debian-alpha@lists.debian.org
	Subject: Unidentified subject!

	S.Miyazima writes:
	 > Dear Sir
	 >      We have VT-alpha 300axp.  Now we are going to install
	 > Linux, which has a big variety of rescue disk.  What kind of
	 > xxx/rescue1440.bin is adequate for our machine ?

	Unfortunately, the only information of VT-alpha I found was in
	Japanese which I can't read. It is likely these computers are based on
	some standard motherboards from digital, but we have to know which one
	to find the determine the appropriate disks.

	Are you using AlphaBIOS or ARC or the SRM console? Is there any
	message in the BIOS you are using that could help identify the type of
	motherboard, (maybe checks for PC64, PC164, EB164, or something like
	that)?

	If our computer is 300Mhz as the name may implied, it may be a
	AlphaPC64 motherboard, in this case you can try the "cabriolet" set.

	Regards,

	Loic