Unidentified subject!

S.Miyazima writes:
 > Dear Sir
 >      We have VT-alpha 300axp.  Now we are going to install
 > Linux, which has a big variety of rescue disk.  What kind of
 > xxx/rescue1440.bin is adequate for our machine ?

Unfortunately, the only information of VT-alpha I found was in
Japanese which I can't read. It is likely these computers are based on
some standard motherboards from digital, but we have to know which one
to find the determine the appropriate disks.

Are you using AlphaBIOS or ARC or the SRM console? Is there any
message in the BIOS you are using that could help identify the type of
motherboard, (maybe checks for PC64, PC164, EB164, or something like
that)?

If our computer is 300Mhz as the name may implied, it may be a
AlphaPC64 motherboard, in this case you can try the "cabriolet" set.

Regards,

Loic