Re: Kernel 2.2

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Anders Hammarquist wrote:

> > Has anyone got the new 2.2 kernels working for alpha yet?
>
> I've been successful with 2.2.0 on my AS400 (avanti). I haven't tried 2.2.1 on it yet.

I've been successful w/ 2.2.1 on my AS200 (also avanti).  Everything
appears to be working properly.

I use a boot disk with the 2.2.1 kernel named 'linux' in place of the
linux on the debian boot flopy I downloaded for avanti a few months back
during install.

I'm using the NCR53C8XX driver for scsi, both with the built-in as200
scsi card and the Intraserver (U/W) PCI->SCSI adapter.

One thing, however, that has never worked properly is X.  It will work
properly for about 2 minutes, then without warning hardlocks the machine.
The video hardware is a Number 9 Imageine 64 card (S3 trio64 chipset)

		-pete