Re: making a resc+drv disk for alpha

Kristoffer.Rose@ENS-Lyon.FR writes:

> Sven Rudolph wrote:
>
> > In order to build the rescue/driver disk you usually need a
> > kernel-image*.deb. How did you build this? Do have them for other
> > architectures too?
>
> It is not very difficult to build a resc+drv disk image for Alpha.  there
> are two ways: either you get the patches by Loic Prylli for the
> boot-floppies package at <URL:
> http://lhpca.univ-lyon1.fr/axp/debian.html>,

If he used his patches to create the rescue disk, he had needed a
kernel-image package. His patches don't mention anything special so he
either used a kernel-image*.deb or he did it manually, which is bad
for automizing ;-)

I'm looking for the clean way of building the rescue floppy. And the
clean way to put the kernel on the rescue floppy is to use the
kernel-image*.deb for the specific slpha sub-architectures. These
packages have to exist anyway because they are the one and official
way of upgrading the kernel on existing Debian system.

Anyone wants to build kernel-image packages for the alpha
architectures? (I don't have Linux-kernel experience; and I never
understood the purpose of make-kpkg, so I'm not qualified for this -
sorry.)

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de>