Re: Debian-alpha bugs (was: Re: General questions about debian-alpha...)

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998 Kristoffer.Rose@ens-lyon.fr wrote:

> The dummy ldso is still version 1.7.14-2 which gives two problems: it
> depends on libc6 (rather than libc6.1) and nextawg depends on it >=1.8.9-1.

I'll recompile nextawg to fix this.  the dummy ldso package is old and
should've been removed (or should be removed as the case may be).

>   gv 3.5.8-4 crashes as follows:
>
>   $ gv CW97-submission.ps
>   Segmentation fault (core dumped)

gv has shown to be a pain in my behind.  It took me HOURS of hacking at
svgalib just to get that to compile (gv depends on it), then I had to
wrestle with gv.  I'll see what I can find out.  I'm tempted to have it
removed from the alpha tree until I can confirm it works (I don't have a
platform to really test it on...my UDB is too overloaded as it is right
now...plus, svgalib won't work on TGA's, so...).

> mailing anything gives the error
>
>   send-mail: setgroups() failed: Operation not permitted
>   send-mail: cannot open /var/log/smail/paniclog: Permission denied
>   send-mail: cannot open /var/log/smail/paniclog: Permission denied

This is odd.  I don't run mail on mine, but I'll relook at my smail
patches...they may need updating :)