Re: Multia... distribution??

On Sun 22 Mar 1998, Dave Mallery wrote:

> relative newbie here... been using 1.3 on a pentium for about
> four months.  could not resist a $300 multia on onsale.com.
>
> so the question: is there a cd distribution of debian-alpha?

No... Firstly, there wasn't any debian 1.3 on alpha, and 2.0 isn't
released yet, and the question will be whether debian/alpha 2.0 will
officially exist. The second question will be whether any cd
manufacturer will be interested in producing debian/alpha cdroms; I'm
afraid most will perceive the market as not large enough to be
profitable :-(

However, maybe there will be some developer that will be willing to
produce a gold cdrom when the time is right?  I have a cd recorder on
order, and when 2.0 is fairly stable (and I've mirrored it all :-) I'd
be prepared to burn cdroms with debian/alpha for local users (here in
the Netherlands).  Anyone else?

I'm hesitant to recommend Red Hat. However, they *do* produce
Linux/Alpha on cdrom...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl