Re: Compiling packages

On Wed 18 Mar 1998, Guenter Geiger wrote:

>  > OK, how about I try mail?
>
>  OK !

Retrieving the sources as we speak (I'm also looking in Incoming on
master for the latest stuff).

>  > >  I compiled my own egcs here from a snapshot of 980302, because
>  > >  I couldn't find the source package from Chris. If you want to give it
>  > >  a try: <ftp://iem.mhsg.ac.at/debian/egcs>
>
>  Sorry, it's there now !
>  Be careful with it, because it was just meant for internal use.
>  I still hope to get the debian/rules file from Chris.
>
>  So it has wrong version numbering (2.91.23 instead of 1.0.1 ..)

Whatever :-)  I'm mainly interested in seeing whether this will compile
2.1.xx for me (the version currently on the debian mirrors doesn't).

>  I agree. Probably we really get more people for testing if a
>  scratch installation would run smoothly ..

Hmmm, maybe I'll see if something can be done to improve the
installation stuff. Who is "responsible" for the boot disks currently?

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software, Enschede, the Netherlands