Re: Compiling packages

On Wed 18 Mar 1998, Guenter Geiger wrote:

> Is there any efford going on in compiling packages from 2.0.
> Now that the source is frozen it is the right time to
> catch up with the i386 maintainers.

Yes, I agree completely. I was going to ask something similar yesterday,
but the debian-alpha list had died :-(

This also needs some coordination, to prevent duplications. I'll do exim
first (personal interest :-)

BTW, what are the exact steps needed to do such a package? I guess it
needs to be done as a non-maintainer upload, but what is needed for
that? The debian/changelog needs to be edited, but what / how? And what
then needs to be uploaded? When I last tried to upload my own package
without including the .orig.tar.gz, for example, it got rejected...

> After the release we could send them our diffs, and hopefully be
> better off when 2.1 release time comes near.

Agreed.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl