Re: variable list in database

Previously Anthony Towns wrote:
> These need to be groupable, IMO, so you can say something like:
>
> 	printers: array of
> 		device: filename
> 		filter: filename

Hmm, you are introducing the concept of containers in the database here.
We might want to do this differently by introducing a new type which is
a container for other types (ie a struct or record). So we have:

     Template: printer
     Type: container
       You can configure a printer in here.

     Template: printer/name
     Type: String
     Default: lp
       This is the name of the printer. If your printer has multiple
       names you can seperate them with a `|'.

     Template: printer/filter
     Type: String
     Default: postscript
       This is the filter through which all printjobs are piped. You can
       use it to convert jobs into something your printer understands.

And then you would only need to do:
    dpkg-db createvar lpd/deskjet550 printer

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl