Re: hmm. CORBA admintool

On Tue, Jan 05, 1999 at 04:22:59AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> The frontend is not the first problem, which is slashing dpkg into
> little parts and put a CROBA wrapper around that. Or can we just wrap
> the already existing libdpkg?

Documenting the interface to libdpkg would be a first step. I know that
looking at the relevant header file did not tell me anything.

Does anyone know what libdpkg does?

Once that is done, you design objects that handle the same
functionality. When designing CORBA objects it's best to tune the
granularity of method calls such that there don't have to be too many
method calls for each action (because a method call can potentionally be
expensive).

So if an action needs some state information, implement it as an object
that lives on the same side of the CORBA connection as the databases
that have to be manipulated.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed