Re: dpkg modification: non-interactivity

Le Mon, Jan 04, 1999 at 11:03:01PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman écrivait:
> pre-answer? Are you meaning setting defaults? You can also change
> defaults in the interactive-config stage.

No the postinst would be alwais non-interactive. It would read the
configuration from the DB, and if not present it would use default
values. In this way the interactive-config in not a second postinst
but only a script that ask question and stores result in the DB (that's
why I called it preconfigure).

> > Preconfiguration is difficult.  It is error-prone.  It requires new code
> > and possibly even hairier things (like Configure-Depends: etc.).

I don't think so, the only thing it would need is a shell/perl and it would
only use base tools (incuding the dcfg* tools).

> Don't configure something when a dependency hasn't been met. That is the
> only way.

Of course, no need to create a "Configure-depends".

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël ¤ 0C4CABF1 ¤ http://www.mygale.org/~hra/