Re: [buildd] Vivaldi & Elgar sbuild ready, Arrakis next

Am 21.12.2012 um 15:20 schrieb Thorsten Glaser <tg@mirbsd.de>:

>> How about acting as buildd admin? ;-)
>> As far as I know (because Wouter mentioned it somewhere) the buildds
>> are now signing and uploading successful builds on their on,
>> leveraging the work load for a buildd in general.
> How about we set up a mailing list for that, and the lot of us
> get put on that mailing list and be given ssh access to the
> buildds, so we all can take care of them and possibly failing
> builds when appropriate and whenever one of us has time?
> That leaves some synchronisation issues, but unless we want
> a full-blown ticket system like OTRS…

I already experimented with Shared IMAP folders, but that's quite complex and you'll need to add another place from where you get your mails.
I don't know how well a ML would do, though...

The problem is, that you'll need to find a solution of hiding/marking already signed mails/uploaded packages. When builld admin A signs/uploads a package or mark it whatever state, that should be synced to all other buildd admins as well. Otherwise you'll generate useless work or act against each other.

But yes, a collaboritve solution would be nice to have. :-)

>> I think it would be best that you ask for a w-b access as well. Then
>> you can get a list of packages to build and register them, give them
>> back and such.
> I’ll definitely need w-b access, yes. But that’s the easy part.
> I need instructions how to actually use that ☺

Hmmm, http://www.buildd.net/docs lists some (older) docs and texts:
- http://www.debian.org/devel/buildd/wanna-build-states by Wouter
- http://wiki.debian.org/Buildd/BuildLogs by Luk

In general you question the w-b database by invoking something like wanna-build --query or --list or so and it gives back some packages. You can then claim a package by issueing another w-b call and the state turns from needs-build to building. Depending on the outcome of your build you can then mark your claimed package as failed, dep-wait, successful or such. When you upload it to incoming the state should turn uploaded where it eventuell get autoaccepted (when you're a buildd) and state turns to installed after the next run of dinstall or whatever that is.
Maybe some things changed a little since then...

--
Ciao...            //      Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo       \X/       http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey:  http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc