Re: [buildd] Vivaldi & Elgar sbuild ready, Arrakis next

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 03:48:16PM +0100, Ingo Jürgensmann wrote:
> In general you question the w-b database by invoking something like
> wanna-build --query or --list or so and it gives back some packages. You can
> then claim a package by issueing another w-b call and the state turns from
> needs-build to building. Depending on the outcome of your build you can then
> mark your claimed package as failed, dep-wait, successful or such. When you
> upload it to incoming the state should turn uploaded where it eventuell get
> autoaccepted (when you're a buildd) and state turns to installed after the
> next run of dinstall or whatever that is.  Maybe some things changed a little
> since then...

To make this a bit more practical and directly useful:

ssh leda.debian.net # I see there's a 'tg' user there already; we may
		      need to ask for a glaubitz one, too
wanna-build -A m68k -d unstable --list=needs-build | head -n 10 # or so
# now pick one or more packages from the list
wanna-build -A m68k -d unstable --list=building # should now show your packages!

Some notes:
- Distribution is optional, defaults to unstable.
- You don't need to specify the section (which is also given in the
  needs-build output), just the package and version number are
  sufficient.
- If you change your mind on building a package, use --give-back <package>_<version>
- If a build failed, use --failed <package>_<version> so it's clear what
  the situation is. This wants an explanation that it'll take from
  stdin, or you can use (I think) -m to specify it. Note you can't mark
  a package as failed unless you've claimed it, so do that first if
  you've got a list already ;-)
- use --info to get detailed information on a package; it's the only command
  that doesn't require the version number when specifying packages, and is
  useful if you want to manipulate the status of a particular package but you
  don't know what its current version number is.
- there's plenty of more options, RTFHO (Read The Fine Help Output ;-)

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy requires you
to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once, add a voucher, and