Re: mouse for x

On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 12:02:16AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 07:22:31AM +0200, Erik C.J. Laan wrote:
> > Tony Pitman wrote:
> > >Joel,
> > >
> > >That worked. I wonder why the ADB mouse is not part of the config. Maybe
> > >someone can fix that.
> >
> > That is probaby because there is only 1 set of X packages for the m68k
> > architecture because only a few files need sub-architecture specific.
> > /dev/adbmouse is definetely Mac specific, because the ADB bus is. But
> > Brandon Robinson is the one to know if different default config's per
> > subarchitecture can be used, as he makes the X packages.
>
> Sure; someone just needs to tell me what to grep for in /proc/cpuinfo for
> the various sub-architectures.

Better use /proc/hardware

wouter@ska:~$ cat /proc/hardware
Model:          Motorola MVME167
[...]

wouter@kiivi:~$ cat /proc/hardware
Model:          Macintosh Quadra 840AV
[...]

and so on. /proc/hardware is an m68k-specific file which contains
information about the hardware you're running on. It needs to be enabled
in the kernel (CONFIG_PROC_HARDWARE), but all Debian-provided kernels
have that (at least all Debian-provided kernels I've seen).

What you need to grep for is "Macintosh" for mac hardware, "Amiga" for
amiga, or "Atari" for atari. VME doesn't support X AFAIK, and Debian
doesn't support any of the other m68k subarchitectures.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks