Re: Re :Re: Kernel 2.6 for m68k/amiga

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 01:15:11PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > 8390 should be autoloaded, due to the dependencies. If you can't do a manual
> > insmod, you can add it to etc/modules.conf to find out what happens.
>
> You mean /etc/modules? modules.conf starts like this:

Sorry, yep /etc/modules.

> > > Maybe I should set up a serial console?
> >
> > That's even better! And amiga-lilo does serial console as well.
>
> Any hints on how to do that? I think I have a 9-15pin adapter somewhere,
> then I just need to run minicom on the second machine? I tried to set up
> SLIP so I can network the Falcon, but one side never wanted to talk, except
> with minicom.

Just use a crossed cable.

I prefer to run cu instead of minicom (I hate the minicom menus):

    cu -l ttyS0 -s 9600

Add

    console=ttyS0

to the kernel command line.

Add

    aux true
    baud 9600

to the `header' section of /etc/lilo.conf (and rerun lilo).

Add

    T0:23:respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyS0 9600 vt100

to /etc/inittab.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds