Re: kernel-image-2.6.7

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 11:59, Dana Sibera wrote:
> The good news is the workaround works :)
>
> The bad news is I don't get too far into the kernel initialising, with
> the following repeating:
>
> http://www.danamania.com/temp/267-1.jpg
>
> (apologies for the .jpg, I have no other way to capture the messages).
> Those errors appear immediately after the SCSI controller is found,
> then keep repeating through the very slowed down boot process, until
> just after an attempt to mount the root FS. Then it seems to freeze)

I can't really help you with the SCSI messages yet, but I see something
else:

Unexpected IRQ 3 on device 00000000

This means that there is no handler installed for autovector interrupt
level 3. According to arch/m68k/mac/macints.c this could either have
been:

1) VIA or RBV macs: unused (?)
2) OSS macs: Nubus interrupt
3) PSC macs: PSC level 3 - slot 0: MACE

I have no idea if your Quadra 605 is either of these, or if this list is
complete.

Could you send the output of "cat /proc/interrupts" from your 2.2
kernel?

Kind regards,

Kars.