Re: Still X-problems

Hans Bergström wrote:

Dear all of you,
I finally got my Quadra 700 to network with my Wintel-box so that I can
provide info on my X-problems. I may be violating nethics by sending these
long listings - log file and conf file. Please excuse me if so. The conf
file is "out of the box" from dkpg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 and the log
file from startx using that file. I know that certain mouse settings are
patently wrong and have tried other options, according to info given by some
of you out there, but beeing a Linux/Unix-newbie I'm not sure I changed it
on the right places and thougt it best to send you the untampered stuff.

Glad for any hints/suggestions/help

Hans B

tel: +46 (0)570-230 12
mobil: +46 (0)70 552 81 14
fax: +46 (0)570-230 15

"XkbVariant"	"sv"
EndSection
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/psaux"
	Option		"Protocol"		"PS/2"
EndSection
#Replace the above with the below if you're not using the gpm package for the mouse Option "Device" "/dev/adbmouse" Option "Protocol" "busmouse"

#Else use the following if you're using the gpm package
           Option            "Device"            "/dev/gpmdata"
           Option               "Protocol"        "Microsoft"

I see you have your default depth set correctly for your color. I guess. You have it at 24.

Is that what you're using in MacOS. The fbdev has to use the setting you were using before bootstrapping into the kernel. If you were using thousands of colors, that default depth should be 15, ( 16 gives funky colors). Or 24 with millions of colors in MacOs.

These are the two most common set up problems with a Mac. Check out people.debian.org/~cts for further help.

Hank