[linux-mac68k] Mac printers (Re: 475/476/605 Serial "Reboot")

At 12:10 PM -0800 1999.01.14, Michael Schmitz wrote:
>Olson, Greger J. - CLS/2 wrote:

>No, they make unwarranted assumptions about interrupt priorities and bottom
>half latency. But that should only lead to dropped characters, not a reboot.
>
>Someone with a 475 needs to debug this; I can give some pointers to start
>from but I'd prefer to take that discussion to the mac68k ML.

   Sounds like fun, but I have a fulltime job now. :-P

>> I haven't tried printing yet - which uses the same serial hardware.  Anyone
>> had trouble printing with a 475?
>
>Printing on a Mac uses LocalTalk protocol which isn't implemented. It uses

   Most LocalTalk-capable printers also work with a direct serial
connection.  Debian already has the djtools package for HP DeskJets -- what
would it take to get an equivalent package for DeskWriters, or for
StyleWriters?

Josh

--
Joshua Juran                          Metamage Software Creations
=)                                         Tools for Wizards