Re: [linux-mac68k] Mac printers (Re: 475/476/605 Serial "Reboot")

Joshua Juran wrote:
> >Someone with a 475 needs to debug this; I can give some pointers to start
> >from but I'd prefer to take that discussion to the mac68k ML.
>
>    Sounds like fun, but I have a fulltime job now. :-P

ROTFL. What do you think I have? Plus I've never seen a 475. Double hard to
remote debug Macs...

> >Printing on a Mac uses LocalTalk protocol which isn't implemented. It uses
>
>    Most LocalTalk-capable printers also work with a direct serial
> connection.  Debian already has the djtools package for HP DeskJets -- what
> would it take to get an equivalent package for DeskWriters, or for
> StyleWriters?

Dunno - someone should look at the djtools source, and get documentation on
the printers from Apple I guess. HP isn't half as anal about documentation
that's probably why the djtools already exist.

Start by just sending a postscript file to the printer over the serial line
if you think the printer should do simple async serial.