RE: 475/476/605 Serial "Reboot"

Last night I tried booting with different (2.0.33) kernels, extensions
on/off, etc. with the same results:
I can connect (pon), I can ping, I can open an FTP session, navigate remote
directories, etc.,
but any attempt to "get" a file causes an immediate reboot.

Does anyone know just what happens when FTP/PPP starts sending/receiving
files
(as opposed to CD, LS, etc.)?

I'm beginning to suspect packet sizes/buffer overflows.  I know the 475/LC
serial hardware
only supports 57600 (or so), a less than typical speed.  During
configuration I picked 38k.
Has anyone played around with misc. transmission settings?  Are the serial
drivers making
unwarranted assumptions about serial capability?

I haven't tried printing yet - which uses the same serial hardware.  Anyone
had trouble
printing with a 475?

<<application/ms-tnef>>