DNS failure

Thanks to Michael Schmitz's response I have the serial ports on my 475 (full
040) working, and I an able to connect via PPP to my service provider,
however DNS lookup isn't working.  According to the docs I've read, the
resolv.conf file should contain the DNS server info.  I have both the Domain
name, & the IP address in this file.

(Something like:)
Domain ns.transport.com
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The Man pages for PON/POFF/PLOG imply there should be an options_out file
(which PPPConfig didn't create).  I copied options to options_out, with no
success.  Once connected I can Ping, etc. sites if I know the actual IP
number.  I checked within OS8.1 that the name lookup was functioning at the
ISP.  Where to now?  Thanks.

BTW, during boot I get "Unexpected IRQ3" messages.  During PPP I get
"Unexpected IRQ5" messages.  Neither seems to effect anything.  Is this a
remnant of x86 code?

<<application/ms-tnef>>