Re: [Debconf-team] Register attending children?

Meike Reichle <meike@alphamar.org> writes:

> Dear DebConf15 Team,
>
> just a quick question regarding kids at DebConf: We'd like to attend this
> year's DebConf and also bring our kids. From what age on do they have to
> be registered/paid for as full participants? In our case there would be a
> toddler who doesn't need a bed of her own but would take part in the
> meals, though not to the full extent of a grown up person.

Likewise, we're considering bringing our 3-year-old, and 0-year-old.

The 0-year-old is clearly not an issue, but the wiki page currently
suggests that the 3 year old variously needs to register:

  https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf15/FAQs/Kids#How_do_I_register_my_family.3F

and need not register:

  https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf15/FAQs/Kids#What_do_I_pay_for_my_kids.3F

I guess that the intent is that <= 3 are free of charge, but that >= 3
should register?

If having people stay for free without sponsorship is going to break
Summit then perhaps one should not register the 3-year-olds?

I know that Alexandra will kill for a badge, so I'd be tempted to
register her just for that, but I imagine she can get a badge without
being registered ;-)

Cheers, Phil.