Re: how to use growisofs to merge (-M) on the fly ?

> Another approach might be to use another filesystem than iso9660, and to
> use that. I can't suggest which without having tried a few things and
> read up on the issue, perhaps someone else will know.

I use ext2, having found that udf was not faster but less reliable. For
the speed tests I wrote a disk directory, like $HOME. If you back up few
but huge files it might pay to redo the speed test. It takes up twice
the size of the DVD on hard disk because I'm faking a "filesystem
optimisation" by copying the files over to an empty filesystem in
alphabetical order. Not best, but much better than nothing. It works
well as long as the amount of backup data isn't too big. All the scripts
are in my scriptutils package if anyone feels a use for them.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.