Re: How to use udftools to make up a DVD with DVD-Video format

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Polyakov" <appro@fy.chalmers.se>
To: "colin" <colin@realtek.com.tw>
Cc: <cdwrite@other.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 5:47 AM
Subject: Re: How to use udftools to make up a DVD with DVD-Video format

> > We try to make up a DVD-Video disc on Linux.
> > DVD-Video disc contains a UDF/ISO9660 filesystem, and every file in it
> > should occupy the right sectors.
> > I know that mkisofs can do this, but we want to record video on-the-fly.
>
> The only way to solve this is to dump live video stream from logical
> block address which is large enough to accomodate file system and
> DVD-Video structures and generate both file system and DVD-Video
> structures to "cover" the live recording in compatible way *afterwards*,
> i.e. after you know how large is live video recording actually was.

I donot know if  we can skip the first few sectors that are reserved for
.IFO file and write its .VOB files into the following sectors, and then when
all its .VOB have been written, come back and write the .IFO file into the
specified sectors.

> > mkisofs doesn't support this functionality.
> > Therefore we would like to use UDF filesystem and udftools to do this.
> > Can I use them to make up a DVD with a UDF/ISO9660 filesystem and every
file
> > in it occupies specified sectors?
>
> Kernel UDF is incapable of producing DVD-Video compatible layout. It was
> never design goal. A.

I found that tool mkudffs has an options "--bridge".
Is this option to tell UDF filesystem that the DVD disc has a UDF/ISO9660
filesystem?