Re: a bug in mkisofs?

> I can't burn files of 4GB in size . . .

The ISO standard limits files sizes to 32 bits, and I don't know if it
is still true, but a comment in the linux kernel source says mkisofs
handles files up to 2GB - 2 in size.  There are other problems too
with the iso9660 linux file system.

I struggled with this for a while and eventually came up with the
following solution:

    http://www.serice.net/shunt/

The kernel patch is for 2.6.6, but it will go in cleanly against
2.6.5.  I think the patch has passed muster and is headed for the
kernel proper, but it has not yet been heavily tested.  So, try it
first on a spare partition.  If you try it, please send back your
results.

Paul Serice