a bug in mkisofs?

I can't burn files of 4GB in size, any old 4GB file, if you just make a file
of 4GB (dd if=/dev/urandom of=bigfile.bin bs=1024 count=4100000), and try to
burn it, mkisofs says:

/usr/bin/mkisofs: Value too large for defined data type. File /tmp/bigfile.bin
is too large - ignoring

(well actually this error is from growisofs, which uses mkisofs, but even
using mkisofs, you will get the same problem - file is too big).

I can, however burn 2x2GB files (or any combination of small files that equals
4GB) to a DVD, just not 1x4GB, strange huh?

I am using linux 2.6.5, glibc 2.3.3_pre20040420, and on debian, linux
2.4.26 and debian woody - I think it's glibc 2.2.5-1.  I am using ext3, and
there is enough temp storage for the bin file :)

I don't know if it is a bug in mkisofs or not.  I looked through the source
(mkisofs from backports.org for debian, and the tarball from gentoo) and the
flags look like they are set to do large 64bit files....so maybe it's glibc
or something else...?  I'm really not sure.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated - I can't be the only one who wants to burn 4GB archive files to
a DVD....anyone else having this problem?

Thankyou all for your time

Luke