Re: Dual format DVD burner drive problem

> > One thing comes to mind. It's possible that Nero applies OPC,
> > Optimal Power Calibration procedure even to DVD+RW, which might
> > do the trick.
>
> OK, well I tried the program but still no joy.

See mediainfo:

READ FORMAT CAPACITIES:
 formatted:             13217*2048=27068416
 26h(0):                2295104*2048=4700372992

I bet that the first line is the root to the problem. As you can see
unit seems to believe that only 27MB is accessible, which most likely
explains why you can access the directory structure (which resides in
the beginning of media within 27MB), but not the files themselves. So
all we have to do is to figure out how to overcome this firmware
deficiency. How did you record the media in quesion? Most notably did
you use -dvd-compat (or -dvd-video) option? If you didn't try to
'dvd+rw-format -lead-out /dev/dvd'? Examine verbose mediainfo output,
READ FORMAT CAPACITIES section to see if formatted capacity changes.

Bottom line. Suggestion for OPC was irrelevant [discard opc.cpp!]. The
problem is caused by firmware deficiency [or at least differences in
implementation specific to your OEM], which manifests itself as
corrupted formatted capacity. Relevant question is if you're willing to
test-run code, which would address this issue? A.