Re: Plextor PX-708A & growisofs works great!

Please! Could you submit output from 'dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/dvd verbose'
with DVD+RW media in unit? As already mentioned on the list the question
I seek answer for is in what extent does the unit in question support
Mt.Rainier specification. In order to spare the subscribers some
bandwidth, feel free to send the output to me personally.

> I'm only seeing some small bugs. (one with the >=2.4.21 kernels not
> incrementing the /proc/scsi/scsi to show the external cdrom's existance
> and a rare occasional freeze

Well, you can hardly blaim dvd+rw-tools for that...

> due to trying to re-dvd+rw-format stuff)

Keep in mind that in DVD+RW context dvd+rw-format -force does *not*
substitute for blanking. And as growisofs 5.10 and later apply initial
DVD+RW format procedure automatically, there hardly is a reason to use
dvd+rw-format with DVD+RW and growisofs. Kind of ironic, huh?
dvd+rw-format making more sense in  DVD-RW context than in DVD+RW
context... A.