Plextor PX-708A & growisofs works great!

wow. after loosing 3 harddrives in the past week, it's really nice to
backup to something other then another harddrive!  (i have never lost a
harddrive due to malfunctions -- or for anyother reason -- since 1995
until this past month)

burning 4.3G in something like ~15 minutes using an external ieee1394
enclosure.

I'm only seeing some small bugs. (one with the >=2.4.21 kernels not
incrementing the /proc/scsi/scsi to show the external cdrom's existance
and a rare occasional freeze due to trying to re-dvd+rw-format stuff)

Now if i were only imprisoned in a building at the South Pole, I would
have offered to write up a man page, re-written the webpage, etc ;-)
...but as my odds are, i ended up next to a beach on the pacific coast.

--

Roger
http://www.speakeasy.net/~rogerxx/index.html