Re: app with command bar, but no menu bar

> Thanks for the reply. If I can send any info, please let me know.

I'm using V 1.23, and I've debugged this problem because I
want the same thing - no menu.  Here is what I found out:

v\srcwin\vapp.cpp:275  Calls the Win32 function ::CreateWindow

    _Frame = ::CreateWindow(szMdiFrameClass, _name,
	WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | WS_CLIPCHILDREN | WS_MAXIMIZE |
	WS_VISIBLE | WS_MAXIMIZEBOX | WS_MINIMIZEBOX,
	CW_USEDEFAULT, CW_USEDEFAULT,
       //	_DefaultWidth,_DefaultHeight,
	(_frameWidth == 0) ? CW_USEDEFAULT : _frameWidth,
	(_frameHeight == 0) ? CW_USEDEFAULT : _frameHeight,
	NULL, hFrameMenu, (HINSTANCE)hInstance, NULL);

This hFrameMenu is custom built in the preceding code,
but according to MSDN documentation, we can pass NULL
(in some situations) instead:

 hMenu
  Handle to a menu, or specifies a child-window identifier depending
  on the window style. For an overlapped or pop-up window, hMenu
  identifies the menu to be used with the window; it can be NULL
  if the class menu is to be used. For a child window, hMenu
  specifies the child-window identifier, an integer value used by
  a dialog box control to notify its parent about events. The
  application determines the child-window identifier; it must
  be unique for all child windows with the same parent window.

So, I would suggest changing this hFrameMenu parameter of
CreateWindow is NULL.  Maybe it won't work - but it's
worth a try.  (Let me know if it works!)  In any case,
this is the area of V that needs to be looked at to
support optional menus.  Most likely this was put here
for a reason, and we'll have to wait for someone who
knows what they're doing.

Hope it helps,

Nigel Stewart

--