RE: theApp->Exit() causing invalid page fault
- To: "VGUI Submit" <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: theApp->Exit() causing invalid page fault
- From: "Dan Osborne" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 12:18:28 -0000
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <000c01bf8857$bbfb3cc0$debefea9@northpal>
> You may have to put your call to exit outside the catch block.
This didn't help I'm afraid.
> One suggestion on this: In a GUI app, in general catching an
> error shouldn't close the GUI interface. Usually you want the
> user to handle the "end the application" task explicitly. Display
> the error message, and suggest to the user what to do next. In
> this design, you wouldn't have the Exit call here, and the
> problem would be sidestepped.
Good point. My thinking was that if the user can't open the database then
there isn't any point in going on - they won't be able to do anything.
However, putting the logon into a dialog box would give them the opportunity
to re-try logon so I'll follow this route.
Specialist Business Solutions Ltd.