Re: MS VC++ 6.0 hints

Bruce Wampler wrote:

> I gave in to Redmond, and actually bought a copy of MSVC++ 6.0.
> The 1.22b3 library actually compiled quite nicely with virtually
> no changes. Some of the apps were a different story - the main problem
> is MS reverting to old style loop variable semantics. What a stupid
> stupid thing to do! I changed a bunch of code to use different
> var names for loops to allow the default syntax to be used with
> MS, even though it is wrong wrong wrong.

Watcom does the same thing unfortunately. Did you try (I didn't look)...

#ifndef for // incase someone else did the same thing
#define for if(false); else for
#endif

You can of course turn off MS extensions and get the correct for loop
correct. Unfortunately Microsoft's own Windows headers will puke and die
without MS extensions on.

Brian Macy