My continuing confusion

        I think I'm getting the separation of church and state confused.

        What I'm trying to do (in the real simple case right now) is to
open an XML file and output the results of the parser in a text canvas.

        To my way of thinking, the cmdwin stuff is GUI, the XML stuff is
app. But I just can't get it into my head how the app talks to the GUI.
I've got the functions defined in the app.[cpp|h] for parsing the XML
but can't figure out how to display it.

        The one thing that the tutorial stuff just doesn't show
(or maybe in my confusion I've missed it :-) is how to interact with the
existing canvas. Showing a dialog popping up is fine, but it isn't a
very good tutorial on how to interact between an app and the GUI.

        Sorry for continuing to belabor the point, I appreciate the help
I got earlier, but I still don't get it. I keep grinding the my mind's
gears trying to do this paradigm shift.

        Thanks again for any clarification that someone (anyone!) can
give me. I'm really not usually this dense, maybe it's all those years
of C programming that are getting in the way :-)

--
Ken Weinert   kweinert@earthlink.net 303-858-6956 (V) 978-336-5652 (F)
PGP: DF 2B 6C 72 33 BE 06 D1  9D C4 ED 32 36 97 C0 6E