colormap entry

Hi everybody,

I just compiled (without any hit! congratulations Bruce and co-workers)
V 1.22 athena under Linux and I get the following message when I lauch
an example

Warning: cannot allocate colormap entry for "grey 67"
... same message for other colors too

and of course some menus are unreadable as text and background are all
black.

If I launch the examples as root, everything works correctly.
Moreover, the problem appears under Suse Linux 6.1 but not under Redhat
5.1.
I had already compiled previous versions of V but it is the first time I
encounter this problem.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Dr Olivier VERLINDEN

Service de Mecanique Rationnelle, Dynamique et Vibrations
Faculte Polytechnique de Mons

31, Bd Dolez; B-7000 MONS (Belgium)

Tel: +32/65374180  Fax:+32/65374183 E-Mail :
olivier@mecara.fpms.ac.be