Re: V with Solaris 7 or 2.7

> Hi,
> Has anyone compiled V with Solaris lately. I am using g++ version 2.95
> 19990728. I'm getting many static errors with the V header files and ANSI
> C++ forbids declaration errors with Solaris header files. I'm going to
> download and test gcc 2.81 to see what has changed. Please let me Know!
> James

Try compiling with the -fpermissive flag.

The X header files in Solaris contain a lot of function declarations which
omit the 'int' return type specifier.  These are no longer legal for C++,
and g++ 2.95 correctly flags these as errors.  If you compile with
-fpermissive, however, the compiler will assume the previous behavior.

HTH,
--
    - Don Waugaman (dpw@cs.arizona.edu)    O-             _|_  Will pun
Web Page: http://www.cs.arizona.edu/people/dpw/            |   for food