Re: Linux compilation errors ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Aleksandar Kacanski <kacanski@econ.lsa.umich.edu>
To: vgui-discuss@other.debian.org <vgui-discuss@other.debian.org>
Date: Wednesday, June 16, 1999 7:35 PM
Subject: Linux compilation errors ...

>I got the latest version of V
> v-1.21 and after make I get error:
>cd srcx ; make
>make[1]: Entering directory `/home/upload/programming/v/srcx'
>make[1]: *** No rule to make target `v_defs.h', needed by
>`/root/v/obj/linux/vapp.o'.  Stop.
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/upload/programming/v/srcx'
>make: *** [srcx] Error 2

I suppose the you miss path to V include directory.
I suppose you should check for two lines in Config.mk file:

HOMEV =  /home/upload/programming/v    # $(HOME)/v - is a default

INCDIR = -I$(HOMEV)/includex   # Architecture independent section

and there is no need to compile it as root, you can do it
as an ordinary used. Only for the last step (make installLinux)
you need to logon as root.
You can find "Installing V" guid in V www page or download it
together with V distribution (vref121.html.tar.gz).

Best regards, Nikolay