Re: compiling V using egcs mingw32

-----Original Message-----
From: mcifuent@belen.electa.uta.cl <mcifuent@belen.electa.uta.cl>
To: vgui-discuss@other.debian.org <vgui-discuss@other.debian.org>
Date: Thursday, April 29, 1999 1:43 AM
Subject: compiling V using egcs mingw32

>Hello,
>
>  I'm trying to compile V on win95 with egcs mingw32 , but I receive the
>following message at the end
>
>rm -f C:/v/lib/gnuwin32/libV.a
>process_begin: CreateProcess((null), rm -f C:/v/lib/gnuwin32/libV.
>.
>make (e=2): El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado.
>            (translate:"The system canґt the specified file")
>C:\EGCS\BIN\MAKE.EXE: *** [C:/v/lib/gnuwin32/libV.a] Error 2
>
> I hope someone could help me,
>
> bye

"rm" is Unix utility, it's somewhat like "delete" in DOS.
You may download rm from ftp at V home (see directory /dosutils) or
somewhere else. Or you may edit makefiles.
But it worked fine for me when I followed Installation instruction,
see point 5 :
"cd to each of these directories and run `make' for each of the following.
(The top level Makefile in C:/v has X specific stuff and doesn't work. Also,
since make is case sensitive, you might have to use `make -f makefile'.) "
and later...

Good luck,

Nikolai