VGUI Bug for Small Text Canvas?

One of my users has found what appears to be a bug in the VGUI under
Win32 when a text canvas is resized to be smaller than a line of text.

For example, in the standard VTest application, if the initial text
canvas (entitled "Prototype V Example") is resized using the mouse to a
small vertical size less than the height of the first line of text, then
clicking the "Msg" button results in an illegal memory reference.

I am using the Watcom 11 C++ compiler under WinNT with Service Pack 4.

Thanks for providing the VGUI library to the software community!

- Steve